Passenger code of conduct
Air Carrier rights
The Air Carrier can without warning unilaterally terminate, delay or postpone the flight to another time, transfer the passenger to another Air Carrier for carriage, re-route the flight changing the timetable, and also divert the flight from the intended landing point if necessary:
- due to a natural disaster, unfavourable weather conditions in the origination airport, the destination airport, or any other airport en-route as well as other phenomena impacting the flight safety;
- for compliance with requirements of state authorities.
The Air Carrier shall have the right to change the type of aircraft, to temporarily stop or restrict selling round trip tickets.
The Air Carrier can refuse carriage of passenger if he (she):
- violates the air transport regulations or refuses to follow them;
- does not abide by the instructions of the aircraft commander or other Air Carrier officials;
- violates public order;
- is intoxicated by alcohol;
- if his (her) behavior jeopardizes flight safety or the lives of the passengers or crew on board;
- if the passenger’s health is in the state of deterioration that jeopardizes his (her) life or that of other people on the flight;
- the refusal can be effected after the ordinance of law enforcement authorities if that is necessary for granting Air Carrier flight safety.
Passenger terminating air carriage contract
Passenger’s refusal shall be considered involuntary if:
- the flight specified in the ticket is cancelled or delayed;
- the flight did not land at the airport indicated on the ticket;
- the passenger was not dispatched due to the impossibility to provide a seat for him/her on the flight and the date or class specified in the ticket;
- a passenger did not depart from the airport of transfer by the flight indicated in the ticket due to the delay of the aircraft or cancellation of the flight indicated in the ticket according to which the passenger was to arrive at the airport of transfer;
- disease of the passenger or a member of his (her) family accompanying the Passenger on the flight;
- erroneous completion of the ticket by the Air Carrier.
In case of involuntary refusal of a passenger from carriage the Air Carrier shall ensure the passenger’s carriage with one of the nearest flights stipulated by the schedule or refund the cost of carriage without any penalties.
A voluntary refusal of a passenger from carriage is understood as refusal on personal grounds. In that case the passenger is refunded according to the tariff regulations. The ticket is made at the accredited agency where such a ticket was acquired.
Air Carrier liability
The Air Carrier is liable for the following:
- for baggage loss, shortage or damage of baggage accepted for air carriage without declared value the size of the Air Carrier’s liability equals to no more than two minimal wages set by the Federal Law, per each kilo of baggage;
- For delay of delivery of the passenger, baggage to the point of destination the Air Carrier pays a fine the size of twenty five per cent of the minimal wages set by the Federal Law for each hour of such delay, but no more than fifty per cent of the air fare unless the passenger proves that the delay took place as a result of force majeure, repair of the aircraft malfunction threatening the life or health of the aircraft passengers or any other circumstances beyond the Air Carrier’s control.
Note: Air Carriers are empowered to set their own rules for air carriage. These rules must not contradict the general air carriage regulations or degrade the quality of passenger services rendered.
The liability of the Air Carrier in international carriage of passengers and baggage is identified by the following:
- Convention for the Unification of Certain Rules Relating to International Carriage by Air;
- RF Air Code unless otherwise stipulated by the international agreements of Russia;
- Rules of Air Carriers and their respective agreements with foreign aviation enterprises.
The Air Carrier liability relates to the following:
- for damage sustained by a passenger in the event of his death or damage to his health once on the apron for boarding the aircraft up to the moment the passenger leaves the apron under the supervision of the authorized personnel;
- for loss, shortage or damage of the checked baggage that took place when the baggage was in the Air Carrier’s custody.
The Air Carrier liability for loss or shortage of baggage accepted for carriage without declaring its value is set in the following amount:
- for international carriage 20 US dollars by converting it into roubles after the dollar market rate set by RF Central Bank and effective on the day of carriage, per peach kilo of baggage weight;
- the Air Carrier indemnifies the passenger for damaged packing, for damage to a part or the entie the baggage contents in the amount of the damage caused if the passenger’s claim turns out undisputable.
The compensation for damage in size will not exceed the actual or declared value of baggage. Otherwise the action is brought in court to claim baggage.
In case of delay in carriage of baggage or passenger compensation is paid according to RF Air Code Art. 120.
The Air Carrier is discharged for his liability for the following:
- death or health damage caused by the passenger’s extreme state of health ;
- loss, shortage or damage to the unchecked baggage during its carriage or any other belongings of the passenger in his (her) possession except cases when it is proved that the damage was brought on the presumed fault of the passenger;
- damage and losses that directly or indirectly ensue from the incompliance with laws, enactments, regulations, and directives of any state authorities of any state to/from or through the territory of which such carriage is performed or damage and losses that are beyond the control of the Air Carrier;
- fragile items and perishables.
The lost property and the one found in the passenger cabin as well as in the Airport area is kept in the Unclaimed Baggage Room during 30 days since its arrival for storage there. Upon termination of that period these items are sold or disposed of, or destructed in the established manner.
The passenger according to the general Civil Code provisions (Art. 59) is liable for covering the damage brought due to his (her) fault to the Air Carrier’s property or the baggage of another passenger in custody of the Air Carrier.
The passenger on board the aircraft shall not be allowed to:
- use binoculars, photo, video and radio appliances, electronic devices except a hearing aid, cardiology equipment, a calculator, a portable tape recorder, and a computer or a typewriter;
- touch without need the locks and handles of the main and emergency exits;
- create situations that cause discomfort and complaints from other passengers;
- stand up from one’s seat, and move about the cabin, place articles on the overhead shelves and in the passenger cabin that can damage passengers or the aircraft equipment during the aircraft’s take-off and landing;
- block cabin isles, emergency and staff access doors and access to emergency exit hatches;